As the year draws to an end, and we gear up to celebrate the Holidays with family, friends and colleagues, it is important to take a moment to reflect upon the events in our lives (both good and bad), our learning, insights and the myriad reasons to be grateful for the past year.
At Whole Woman Network, we asked the ladies in our community to share some of their most pivotal experiences and cherished moments of gratitude and awakening in the past year. These are their answers:
1. I went through the whole year without taking a moment to enjoy I’ve learnt that you only live once and its your choice to truly enjoy life or let life pass you by.-Anne Marie U.
2. It took me a really long time to find a job this year after months of helplessness and I realize now that I have to be always grateful for my situation because so many others have it worse.-Blessing S.
3. I prayed for a lot of material things and they never came but it took a health scare for me to cherish the most important thing in my life; good health. I will not trade it for anything in the world. I am truly humbled and grateful for grace and mercy.-Olivia I.
4. Nothing can be worse than a parent losing a child and yet nothing can be as humbling and illuminating. I lost my only daughter to cancer and now I marvel at how beautifully and purposely she lived her life. I carry her and her dreams in my heart.-Masumeh A.
5. My sister had her first baby and sharing that experience showed me that there’s immense beauty in the world even in the midst of all the pain and ugliness.-UK M.
6. I experienced the grace of God and the importance of patience and faith. In life, you will never be given a greater burden than you can carry. You are stronger than your circumstance. -Olohivuoni U.
7. I’ve realized that I am still a work in progress, I am getting to know myself more and I am living in awareness everyday. I love who I am. I am comfortable in my own skin.-Jane U.
8. I have learnt that everything adds up, all my good and bad sides make up the whole me. I accept the totality of my being because I have only one me.-Niki O.
9. I know the importance of focus in life and to just pursue your goals regardless of what others are saying. Be true to yourself, ignore distractions or anything that will take you away from your passions. Just be STILL, everything will come. Solve one problem at a time. Always listen to yourself. Stop asking people, stop looking for validation everywhere and anywhere, just go for it! You are enough as you are!!! Remember to give and help others, share your ideas with others, be there for others.- Obie A.
10. We all need to take a break sometime. We need to take a vacation from the grind of life and walk barefoot on the beaches and just BE. I had a disability that forced me to take a break from work for 8 months. I traveled to Fiji, Greece and Italy. What a brand new way to see life and experience the world. I learnt that living is beyond just paying bills and daily chores….We all owe it to ourselves to LIVE.-Rebecca N.
So perhaps, you didn’t start out reading this, thinking 2011 was an awesome year. Maybe like most of us, you focused only on your shortcomings, negative events and the goals that were not achieved during the year. I hope that in going through the list above, some of it resonates with you and that you slowly discover and absorb the hidden gems and nuggets of positive occurrences that permeated 2011.
This I know for sure-even in the midst of life’s difficult storms, there is ALWAYS something beautiful and wonderful to be grateful for: good health, a family that cares about you, great friends that are always there for you, a fulfilling career, a passionate cause, the joy of creativity, the gift of love, a creator that loves you unconditionally…., And even if some of these things are not yet manifested in your life, you should see them as things to look forward to in 2012 or in the near future.
And in the words of the phenomenal Jacqueline C. Roberts of “Just Choose Results” , ‘do not be afraid to take a step, try something new, follow your passions, seize the moments and explore the opportunities that come your way everyday. Just Go For It’!!!
This is our message to and for you: Make this your year of courage and opportunities. You must plant seeds of courage through your everyday actions/choices, in order to enjoy and reap the fruits/benefits. Co-create the opportunities you desire in your life.
So ladies, enjoy the rest of the year and have an amazing and courageous new year!!
Love, Light & Truth!
❤ Cyber-hugs, Jules
Remember, you are not ordinary, you are divinely unique.
You are WOW (Wonderful One-of-a-kind Woman)!
On behalf of the