Questions of the day: Everyday you wake up, ask yourself these very simple questions-“How do I become the story I want told?”, “What must I do today to BE the person I’ve always dreamed of becoming?”, “How do I become the person who accomplishes my goals?”, “If I had only today, how will I live today to reflect my gratitude and appreciation for the gift and miracle of life?”, “How do I fulfil my purpose and serve my God and creator, myself, my family, colleagues, community, country, continent and planet?”
WWN Reflection DAY 16: Take ACTION and Transform Your Life!
Today’s focus is on key reflective posts that I’d shared on WWN’s Facebook page over the last few weeks. They engaged our members and led to interesting conversations on our forums and weekly conference training calls/webinars. I hope that by reflecting on them and taking action, your life is better elevated, enriched and empowered! These posts are all excerpts from my upcoming book: UN-Locking Your HeArt of Leadership. Enjoy!
1. “Your purpose in life is not to ‘GET’, your purpose is simply to ‘GIVE’ and share your God-given talents, abilities and essence. Your life should reflect an integrated ‘value-exchange’ with the world around you.
In the pursuit of your purpose, there will be pain, mistakes and storms, that’s merely life happening. It is in these oscillating patterns of highs and lows that your character is formed. Pay particular attention to your ‘lows’, if you allow it, phenomenal growth happens during these periods. Life is not meant to be perfect.
Life is meant to be LIVED! Bask in the sacredness, mystery and beauty of life. Pay attention to your PAINS and MISTAKES, they exist and happen to teach you something very important to your purpose. If you are willing, patient and courageous to own them, embrace them and solve them, WISDOM shows up at the other end.”
2. “The beauty with love is that every time you open your heart to love, you also take the risk of getting your heart-broken, and you may experience agonizing hurt, disappointment and pain in the process. Love takes courage, that ability to share all that you are and also, the faith that you’re better off for having experienced it, regardless of the outcome. To live is to love, unconditionally. Love is freedom, it gives you fire to create, to share, to heal! May love always find you ready, open and willing!”
3. “It is amazing what incredible things begin to happen, as soon as you step out of the shadows into your light and actually SHOW UP and start living YOUR life and not someone else’s version of your life. Until we own our awesomeness and our crap, we run the danger of living a life of denial, anguish and pain. Suffering disintegrates in the face of acceptance and forgiveness. The moment we stop resisting and choose to start living, we unlock our hearts to the fullness of life all around us.
4. “Whatever you seek in your relationships, have clarity on what you want! Then, simply surround yourself with people who depict and live it. If you seek love, surround yourself with people who are IN love and LOVING to each other. Everything and everyone is energy! Their essence slowly rubs off on you. Monkey see, monkey do, so find the monkeys doing it the way(s) you aspire to and then learn from them!
Take the time to analyze all the relationships you’ve been surrounded by from childhood till now. Whether you believe it or not, they affected your perspective. You may need to UN-Learn certain traits, behaviours and characteristics. We’re like sponges, we soak up past experiences, consciously or unconsciously, and sometimes live it in our present lives, often, outside of our own awareness.
We are often predisposed to and soak up good or bad things in our culture, upbringing, education, religion, environment, career…Become more aware of the choices you make and the belief systems you hold. Ask yourself key questions. Develop a mindset that reflects who you are and what you value. Face and resolve your ‘stuff’ and your ‘crap’. Begin to replace undesirable behaviours and strategies with healthier ones. You can create the relationships of your dreams. Not perfect yet perfect for you! Take ACTION today!”
5. “Have the courage to succeed and also have the courage to fail. Have the courage to celebrate the highs and also embrace the lows. There’s duality in nature. Our lives follow synchronistic patterns of mountains, plateaus and valleys. Your gratitude should flow and grow in ALL seasons.
EVERYTHING happens to move you in the direction of your purpose. Feel all your feelings. Accept the totality of who you are, ONLY then will your heart truly break open to ‘see’ others as a reflection of you and finally experience yourself as a true reflection of God!
Suffering ends when we stop fighting our reality and we begin to practice the beautiful principles of Surrendering, Allowing and Accepting that we are ENOUGH! We already have ENOUGH! And that we are WHOLE. The purpose of life, therefore, becomes the healing and transformational journey of ‘Returning to Wholeness’ and embracing who we always were and always will be: beloved children of a loving God, created to love and be loved, UNCONDITIONALLY!”
6. “A simple formula for getting what you want? Simply ASK! If that fails, try this instead: ASK AGAIN! (Not necessarily of the same person(s)). And do it with more preparation and reflection, a little better and wiser each time. Soon, that shut door will be opened.
Develop the skill-set of humble, purposeful, diligent and joyous ASKING irrespective of the outcome. Celebrate the truth that what you need will manifest exactly when it should and not a moment sooner or later. It is who we become in the process that is more important.”
7. “Little things can shift the trajectory of our lives. Do good! Look good! Feel good! Dare to ‘see’ yourself in a beautiful, brand new light. Enough of the ‘woe me’ stories, it is finally time to tell yourself and the world new ‘WOW me’ stories! You are the director of your life’s movie. If you don’t like what’s playing out in your reality, simply yell: “CUT!”
Then use the power of imagination, re-write the script and re-shoot. Every day is a new opportunity to play out the scenes you want. Give it your best shot today because you never know when the higher DIRECTOR will say “CUT” to your life! Everyday you wake up, is a day you may have died. Don’t waste your time. LIVE life to the fullest, all you really have is NOW!”
Join the conversation on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/wholewomannetwork
The preceding is a guest post from Juliet Ume, MBA –Strategic Interventionist, Wealth Management Consultant & Leadership-Coach at Whole Woman Network. Juliet is the author of the upcoming book: ‘UN-Locking Your HeArt of Leadership.” She is an avid Life Connoisseur and a passionate advocate of WomEntrepreneurship, Leadership Training, Investment & Financial Literacy for women. Her mission is simply to engage, educate and empower women, regardless of their levels of income or background, to return to ‘wholeness’ and live Healthier, Sexier, Wealthier Lives using Faith-based, Scientific and Universal (Common-Sense) principles! Follow her on Twitter: @wholewomaninc, @julietumeinc.
- Laugh it off! (noonegetsflowersforchronicpain.wordpress.com)
- It’s All About You (methodleadership.com)
- Stories are waiting…Persevere!!! (lifesengineering.wordpress.com)