Today’s reflection is focused on the power of ASKING QUESTIONS. Sometimes, it is not the answers that we find that give us the biggest shifts and transformation. Often, it is the questions that we ask ourselves or are asked by others that open up our hearts and minds to possibilities we never imagined. The act of seeking the answers becomes a metaphor for the journey of life.
Begin to pay attention to the questions that keep you awake at night, the questions that never seem too far from your mind, the questions that you run away from confronting. Those are probably the questions that have the biggest relationship with your life purpose and destiny.
WWN Reflection DAY 27: Take ACTION and Transform Your Life!
Here are some questions to reflect upon as you enjoy the rest of the week:
1. This mid-week, reflect and ask yourself: Am I on the ‘WOE me’ or ‘WOW me’ axis of life’s equation?
WOE ME= Making excuses and having reasons to blame others for the drama and crap in your life! You are an expert at pointing fingers outwards, talking about other people’s limitations and never yours. You play the victim card. Failure and stagnation are guaranteed states in this zone.
WOW ME=You take ownership and responsibility for both your awesomeness and your crap! You understand that you are a co-heir and co-creator with God. You focus on the learning in any situation, you seek to provide solutions and to add value. You are at cause for your life. You are in control of your results. You look inwards for answers. Success and purposeful living is guaranteed here.
Note: You get to choose only one side at any given time….you cannot be in both! And if you’re in neither, you may be sitting on the ‘stuck’ fence, where life seems to be ‘happening’ to you. It is important to also note that as human beings, we will definitely find ourselves hanging out in the ‘woe me’ quadrant once in a while. The key is not to stay there for too long and also to celebrate the awareness of your lessons and learnings while you’re there or after you get out! So, be gentle with yourself and others, we’re all doing the very best we can with the resources we have.
2. Did you know that there’s a behavioural link between Self-Esteem, Over-Eating, Over-Spending, Over-Complaining and generally feeling ‘out of balance’ in life? They often have a common root and if you destroy the root cause, every thing else crumbles and life RE-ALIGNS back into shape! Are you aware of what your root cause is? Sometimes the manifesting ‘problem’ is simple a symptom of something deeper.
3. “Do you want a successful career or a close relationship with your family? Both! Do you want a focus on business or have fun and play? Both! Do you want money or meaning in your life? Both! Do you want to earn a fortune or do the work you love? Both! Unsuccessful people always choose one, successful people choose both. Do you realize that you always have options and indeed, by God’s grace and through hard work/working smart, you can have it all.” ~T. Harv Eker~
4. “Are you stressed? Do you take time to relax? Do you take things so seriously? Laugh as much as you can! Play! When we’re adults, sometimes we forget to play and or we think we shouldn’t be wasting time on play when the opposite is true – PLAY! PLAY! PLAY! That’s where our true joy stems from, the most innocent part of who we are, our inner child that’s so excited about life and all its blessings! Are you letting your inner child out?” ~Patricia Grace Tomasi, Life Coach~
5. Do you suffer because you think you do not have enough OR because you’ve accepted a fallacy that you can never have enough, and so you suffer? (Re-read this and ponder on it for a few minutes) 🙂 Do you realize that you have an innate ability to co-create everything you desire, want or need? Do you understand that you are enough and you always have enough? Do you play the compare and contrast game? Do you compare yourself against others or compare the present to the past or an imaginary future? Do you comprehend that this is the root cause of most unhappiness? Are you always looking at the other side and thinking the grass greener? Are you celebrating the beauty of NOW and looking inwards to find solutions unique to you or are you blindly following the dictates of the external world around you?
6. What if your problem is not YOUR problem? What if your problem is simply just a problem? What if you stopped taking your challenges and problems so personally? What if you could ‘remove’ yourself from your problem and look at them through someone else’s eyes? What if you took a new perspective, an ‘eagle-eyed’ overview of the problem and became open to new ways of ‘seeing’ them? What if the whole essence of the problems is to make you grow and transform into someone who resources creatively to resolve and solve said problems? What if all your problems have solutions and you role is to simply explore new ideas, perspectives and be open to others around you, in order to find the answers you seek?
7. What’s your purpose? Are you living in alignment with your purpose? What are your most important values in different spheres of life? What kind of life would you rather be living if you had an abundance of money, time, energy? LIVE IT NOW! Do you have the faith to believe in the formless and not in the formed physical reality? Are you speaking, feeling and living your truth? Do you realize that in order to manifest your dreams into reality, you MUST become the person who is capable of achieving those goals and dreams? WHAT you have and do flow directly from WHO you are BEING. The equation for the law of manifest ion is this: BE-DO-HAVE!
Warmest Regards, Blessings & Cyber-hugs,
-Juliet ‘Kego Ume-Onyido, MBA
Poet | Master-Certified Leadership Coach-Trainer -Consultant|
~Take empowered ACTION towards a Healthier, Sexier, Wealthier YOU!~
The preceding is a guest post from Juliet Ume, MBA –Co-Founder and Executive Director at Whole Woman Network. Juliet is the author of the upcoming books: “UN-Locking Your HeArt of Leadership” and “Today, I Will Not Bow”. A self-described Life-Connoisseur, who loves life and the whole human experience, Juliet was nicknamed a ‘reminderist’, [one who reminds us of that which we already know; that we are not fractured or broken and NOW is the perfect time to replace that fallacy with a new, beautiful truth: we are worthy, empowered, complete, whole creatures and our life journey is to return to wholeness]!
She is a passionate advocate of WomEntrepreneurship, Leadership, Investment & Financial Literacy for women and youth (especially girls). Her mission is simply to engage, educate and empower women, regardless of their levels of income or background, to return to ‘wholeness’ and live Healthier, Sexier, Wealthier Lives using Faith-based, Scientific and Universal (Common-Sense) principles! Follow her on Twitter: @wholewomaninc, @julietumeinc. Enjoy some of her portfolio of poems on her Floetry Blog and follow her daily reflective posts on Facebook.
Her message is simply: “To use the power of written-spoken-sung WORDS to connect, heal, empower, change and transform our inner and outer worlds. Words have power in the meaning and interpretation we choose to give them and all of life is synchronistic poetry in motion! Are you telling empowering stories about yourself and others?”
Pingback: 30-Day Reflections: Take empowered ACTION and Transform Your Life! | Whole Woman Network