WWN Reflection DAY 29: Take ACTION and Transform Your Life!
Today’s reflection is on the power of manifestation.
At the beginning of the new year, I wrote down my ‘I AM’ statements.
(Note, these are not the same as new year resolutions. Please refer to this previous post for more on the ‘I AM statements: http://wp.me/p1o3v6-1a).
One of the many 50 statements that I wrote down was: “In 2014, I AM attending a live event of inspirational worship and celebration by bestselling author and pastor Joel Osteen.”
Then, I simply stood in the flow gratitude and acceptance of allowing this statement to manifest and it did happen!
Well, fast forward to a few months ago, when randomly, a friend of mine called me up excitedly to tell me the great new: Joel and Victoria Osteen were coming to Toronto for an evening of worship, music and motivation. The sad news was it was happening that night, intact 3 hours from the time she called me!
The event was tagged: ‘A Night of Hope.’ First I made the conscious decision and voiced it out and wrote it down: ‘I AM attending this event tonight.’
And I held on to the hope that even though we were informed about this so late, there was still hope that our creator of midnight hours and crossover miracles would come to our rescue:-) After a frantic search online for any available, last minute ticket(s), a few phone calls to sort out babysitting, we were soon both Air Canada Centre, ACC-bound!
It was a life-affirming day for me because even though the messages may not be new, Joel and victoria shared them with such authenticity and power that it resonated and stayed with me till today. The energy that filled ACC dome was deeply moving and so incredible!
Apparently, I was not the only one who took copious notes. My friend had also sent me an email which contained her biggest take-aways from that evening. So we both collated our list of highlights and though we’d share, so here it goes! P.S: It would be done in a two-part series, so look out for part two tomorrow.
1. Let everyday be a new beginning for you. Forgive yourself and let go of the feelings of guilt and condemnation. Don’t sit on the sidelines of life, get back in the game and play at 100%!
2. God never allows you to experience difficulties without a divine purpose. Use your faith not to pray away difficulties but rather, surrender and allow the storm to lead you exactly where you should go.
3. Quit fighting back, relinquish control, surrender, so that God’s will may be done. Trust him and know that your storms are not a surprise to him. Burn up the limiting beliefs and shake off the self-pity!
Each day is a step forward towards your purpose and destiny. Start the day how you want the day to be. Set very clear intentions and be in tune with your attention.
Be grateful everyday for the gifts of life and love. Shake off the bad ‘stuff’ by changing your internal recording and inner movie. Learn to change your dial/channels!
5. Affirm daily who you are1 Your ‘I AM’ statements are very powerful; ‘I am creative, I am fun, I am strong, I am healthy, I am wealthy, I am magnificent, I am a masterpiece.’ Indeed, you are God’s masterpiece, equipped, approved, blessed, forgiven, NOT average, not mediocre!
There are lots of negative thoughts AND comments, from people that you have to ignore. Know how to take the learnings and corrections in criticism without attaching yourself to the negativity of its sting.
You only have so much emotional energy each day. There are even some family members and ‘friends’ that you may have to sometimes distance yourself from.
7. Unforgiveness is like a poison inside you, Release yourself and release people. Write letters to everyone who’s ever hurt ou and who you’ve ever hurt. Do anything you can to help yourself. Know who you are and whose you are; victors and not victims!
8. Are you still tied to the victim mentality? Are you still choosing to be married to your pain?
You CANNOT drag your baggage of pain over and over again, let it go! dream another dream.
Quit thinking about it. Change the channel. Quit reliving negative memories. When you play negative movies in your mind, you will only feel negative emotions.
Be disciplined in your thoughts. Think only pure thoughts, start changing the channels of your thoughts.
9. How you tell your stories of your wound matters. When you tell it, do you tell it from an empowered place, knowing the wound is already healed or when you talk about it, are you still stuck in the drama of reliving the pain?
It is an act of faith-let go of the pain and the blame. Do not live life looking in your rear view mirrors.
11. Seasons come and seasons go. A season of mourning does not equate to a LIFETIME of mourning!
Shake off the pain of the past. Strain towards what lies ahead. The past is dead and gone, we can choose to be like the mountain climber, who cut of his infected arm so that he may live. Stop rehearsing and rehashing your old pains.
12. I BELIEVE AND DECLARE THAT THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WILL BE THE BEST OF YOUR LIFE!
P.S: Here’s the link for the concluding part of this post: Key Highlights of Joel Osteen’s messages of Hope, Transformation and Purpose (PART II).
Disclaimer: The highlights above are based on personal notes and understanding of Joel and Victoria Osteen’s messages. No intentional omission or error is intended. I hope something on this list resonates and plants an active seed in your life.
Have an abundantly blessed day and an awesome life ahead! ❤
-Juliet ‘Kego Ume-Onyido, MBA
Poet | Master-Certified Leadership Coach-Trainer -Consultant|
~Take empowered ACTION towards a Healthier, Sexier, Wealthier YOU!~
The preceding is a guest post from Juliet Ume, MBA –Co-Founder and Executive Director at Whole Woman Network. Juliet is the author of the upcoming books: “UN-Locking Your HeArt of Leadership” and “Today, I Will Not Bow”. A self-described Life-Connoisseur, who loves life and the whole human experience, Juliet was nicknamed a ‘reminderist’, [one who reminds us of that which we already know; that we are not fractured or broken and NOW is the perfect time to replace that fallacy with a new, beautiful truth: we are worthy, empowered, complete, whole creatures and our life journey is to return to wholeness]!
She is a passionate advocate of WomEntrepreneurship, Leadership, Investment & Financial Literacy for women and youth (especially girls). Her mission is simply to engage, educate and empower women, regardless of their levels of income or background, to return to ‘wholeness’ and live Healthier, Sexier, Wealthier Lives using Faith-based, Scientific and Universal (Common-Sense) principles! Follow her on Twitter: @wholewomaninc, @julietumeinc. Enjoy some of her portfolio of poems on her Floetry Blog and follow her daily reflective posts on Facebook.
Her message is simply: “To use the power of written-spoken-sung WORDS to connect, heal, empower, change and transform our inner and outer worlds. Words have power in the meaning and interpretation we choose to give them and all of life is synchronistic poetry in motion! Are you telling empowering stories about yourself and others?”
- If God is for You Posted by Joel Osteen (gracesinthecity.wordpress.com)
- Joel Osteen’s message attracts hundreds to Brentwood book signing (tnchristiannews.wordpress.com)
- Today’s Word With Joel & Victoria Osteen – We Thank God For You! (todaysanewday.wordpress.com)
- Today’s Word With Joel & Victoria Osteen – Value Every Moment (todaysanewday.wordpress.com)