WWN Reflection DAY 30: Take ACTION and Transform Your Life!
This blog post is the second part of a 2-part series on the key highlights from ‘A Night of Hope’, an inspirational live event of worship and celebration, by bestselling author and transformational pastor, Joel Osteen.
(Refer to the first part by clicking this link: Day 29: Take ACTION and Transform Your Life!)
Some of the highlights of Joel and Victoria’s messages of hope, transformation and purpose (PART II):
1. Our first mission field is to our families. Everything flows from the family. Value your relationships. Agree to disagree respectfully. Everyone has different backgrounds, education, upbringing, belief system etc., so learn to accept and respect one another. Pick your fights. Know what’s worth fighting about and what to let go. Sometimes you have to keep your mouth shut and sow that act of compromise as a seed.
2. In life you’ve got to stand up and fight for what you want. Live a life of FAITH in action and focus on touching one life at a time. Everyday is an opportunity to do something different and better!
3. In pursuing your purpose in life, it is not how you start, it is how you finish. Take a step and tell yourself empowering stories. If the inner conversation is not taking you towards your goals, have a different conversation with yourself and make it louder!
4. Are you going to go forward or will you stay stuck staring behind through your rear view mirror? Let go and forgive all of yesterday’s pain. God made you to be free of excess baggage. His promise is to always make your burden lighter.
5. In life there are two types of bags that you get to carry around. It is either one or the other. The first is the special positive bag filled with joy, thanksgiving and service etc.
While the other is the negative bag. Are you dragging around all the negative baggage from your past with you in the present? Which bag do you carry: Disappointment bag, Hurt bag, Regret bag, Anger bag, Bitter bag? Isn’t time to let go and let GOD?
6. Manage your happiness by managing your expectation, your sense of happiness is a choice. You have control over the type of relationships you wish to co-create.
Only what you allow happens. Love yourself enough to honour God in you by giving and asking for the best. treat yourself with respect.
7. Speak words of faith and affirmation to any difficult situation and then take action in line with your words.
“The tragedy of life is not death but what we let die inside of us while we live.” ~Norman Cousins~
Disclaimer: The highlights above are based on personal notes and understanding of Joel and Victoria Osteen’s messages. No intentional omission or error is intended. I hope something on this list resonates and plants an active seed in your life.
Have an abundantly blessed day and an awesome life ahead!
-Juliet ‘Kego Ume-Onyido, MBA
Poet | Master-Certified Leadership Coach-Trainer -Consultant|
~Take empowered ACTION towards a Healthier, Sexier, Wealthier YOU!~
The preceding is a guest post from Juliet Ume, MBA –Co-Founder and Executive Director at Whole Woman Network. Juliet is the author of the upcoming books: “UN-Locking Your HeArt of Leadership” and “Today, I Will Not Bow”. A self-described Life-Connoisseur, who loves life and the whole human experience, Juliet was nicknamed a ‘reminderist’, [one who reminds us of that which we already know; that we are not fractured or broken and NOW is the perfect time to replace that fallacy with a new, beautiful truth: we are worthy, empowered, complete, whole creatures and our life journey is to return to wholeness]!
She is a passionate advocate of WomEntrepreneurship, Leadership, Investment & Financial Literacy for women and youth (especially girls). Her mission is simply to engage, educate and empower women, regardless of their levels of income or background, to return to ‘wholeness’ and live Healthier, Sexier, Wealthier Lives using Faith-based, Scientific and Universal (Common-Sense) principles! Follow her on Twitter: @wholewomaninc, @julietumeinc. Enjoy some of her portfolio of poems on her Floetry Blog and follow her daily reflective posts on Facebook.
Her message is simply: “To use the power of written-spoken-sung WORDS to connect, heal, empower, change and transform our inner and outer worlds. Words have power in the meaning and interpretation we choose to give them and all of life is synchronistic poetry in motion! Are you telling empowering stories about yourself and others?”
- Are You Begging Him or Thanking Him? by Joel Osteen (gracesinthecity.wordpress.com)
- Today’s Word With Joel & Victoria Osteen – This Is The Will Of God (todaysanewday.wordpress.com)
- DAY 29: Take ACTION and Transform Your Life! (wholewomannetwork.org)
- DAY 13: Take ACTION and Transform Your Life! (wholewomannetwork.org)
- DAY 2: Take ACTION and Transform Your Life! (wholewomannetwork.org)
Pingback: 30-Day Reflections: Take empowered ACTION and Transform Your Life! | Whole Woman Network
Pingback: DAY 29: Take ACTION and Transform Your Life! | Whole Woman Network