Are you stuck in the procrastination rut? #TakeEmpoweredActionToday
Here are some highlights from #WWNLeadershipMastermindCall on Sunday, January 10, 2016. (Topic: ‘How to build new habits and do more with a 4-hour workday’):
- DECIDE with integrity that you truly want to take action! COMMIT to your goal (We discussed the commitment frame and how to measure your level of commitment and check for denial at pivotal phases of your goal-getting process;
- List at least 3 things you’d like to get done each day (Be realistic and ecological), understand the impact of these short-term goals/activities on your longer-term goals (Start with the end in mind and then reverse-engineer the process);
- Call/Text/Email someone you trust and ask them to hold you accountable (How do you choose the right accountability buddy? What is the difference between a mentor, coach and trainer?);
- Determine a consequence for NOT doing them and choose a reward for getting them done;
- Schedule in the time for getting them done and block this off your calendar (give yourself some wriggle room/buffer time/flexibility cos life happens;
- FOCUS, shut off ALL distractions/justifications/excuses for NOT doing, rather channel your energy and take consistent, congruent ACTION steps and Track your progress, on the hour and course – correct if necessary (Note: Switch off your phones, shut off al social media access, the only breaks you take are your scheduled breaks);
- Repeat these strategies daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly…..UNTIL you live and BE it! Then, pay it forward and teach it to others for FREE. Track the progress of everyone you teach, ensure they get tangible, measurable value/results from the process and use the feedback to refine your process. Build structures/systems around your processes. The whole master-frame for the training call was the Quantum Goal Setting/Goal Getting Approach.
At some critical time t, something shifts in the ‘Value – Exchange’ paradigm AND you can actually get paid for this simple (yet not easy) process! The key is that YOU must first take consistent, empowered ACTION.
Key to sustainable success is NOT what you do; rather, it is who you BE when you do what you do. So focus on BEING by growing/transforming, and the right people/opportunities will find you.
Have CLARITY on what you want, ignore everything that you do not want. Yes! Pursue only what serves your higher purpose, in Thoughts, Words (Conversations with self and others), and Action Steps!
Create zones of sacred silence to unleash your creativity; Develop the habit of thinking about thinking (identifying your thinking strategy and unconscious biases keeping you back).
Tune-up your internal filters (We teach you strategies to hear/process/act on information in an empowering way).
Set clear boundaries to avoid being a crap magnet (There are 7 steps to effective boundary-setting)! LEARN how to wisely, gently and firmly #ShutDownNegativity!
YOU have to be resilient and fight stubbornly for your dreams! Surround yourself with ONLY people, experiences, events, places and/or things that’ll raise you to a higher standard of thinking/acting/being! Work hard and pray harder, if that fails, pray hard and work smarter. Either way, YOU must work at it. P.S: Remember to have loads of fun along the way.
Be social! Read| Like| Comment| Share with your network! 🙂
Love, Light & Truth!
P.S: 2 Books that I highly recommend on building new habits and developing new skills are 1. Malcolm Gladwell’s Outliers and 2. Stephen Covey’s classic: 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (If you have the time, also read the follow-up book, The 8th Habit)
Need more details on WWN Leadership Training Program (Next Mastermind session is first quarter of 2015)? Send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) TODAY re scheduling a 30-minute call on Friday, January 29 between 12 pm and 3 pm EST. (On a first come, first serve basis).
The preceding post is from Juliet ‘Kego Ume-Onyido, an international Speaker, Poet, Master-Certified Leadership Coach-Trainer-Consultant and the author of the upcoming books: “UN-Locking Your HeArt of Leadership” and “Today, I Will Not Bow”. She is an avid Life Connoisseur, who simply loves the whole human experience ! She is a passionate advocate of WomEntrepreneurship, Leadership Training, Investment & Financial Literacy for women and youth (especially girls). Her mission is simply to engage, educate and empower a new generation of Transformational, Ethical and Creative African Leaders. Follow her on Twitter: @wholewomaninc, @julietumeinc. Enjoy some of her portfolio of poems on her Floetry Blog and follow her daily reflective posts on her Facebook pages: WholeWoManNetwork & JulietKego.