Questions of the Day: What is your vision for your life in terms of our relationship with your God, family, work or career and community? What legacy do you wish to leave behind? How do you want your loved ones to remember you?
Do you have clarity on who you wish to be at the end of your journey? Do you realize that you have the power to live and create the memories you wish to look back on in the future right now in the present?
WWN Reflection DAY 17: Take ACTION and Transform Your Life!
It is important to have big and clear goals for our lives. Once we are clear on our end goal(s), it is easier to reverse engineer our lives and fill in the details. Sometimes we run the risk of living a purposeless existence, all because we failed to have a clear vision for the future.
And suddenly, our days become years and soon enough decades go by and we are left with all the should have, could have, would have….A life filled with regrets instead of a life of wonderful memories, worth celebrating. “Until you have a plan for your life, it is difficult to plan for your day.” ~Tony Robbins~
Live and act inspite of the fears you face everyday. The regrets in life are rarely based on the action steps we took, rather the deeper regrets are often over the things we failed to do. When we take action, we are able to course-correct because we have the gift of learning from the experience(s). Focus on each day and the simple steps that must be taken in the direction of your dreams. Remember, if it does not add to your purpose, then it definitely detracts and distracts from it.
“People who FAIL in life tend to focus on the pain/discomfort that they will have to go through to get to their goals; people who SUCCEED focus solely on what and how it will feel like in the end, when they’ve achieved their goals.” ~Anthony Robbins~
As you start this new week, here are some simple reflections to dwell on. Surprise yourself and put them into practice, and pay attention to the results in your life. Sometimes, it is the little things that make the big difference. They are the ‘extra’ little things that move you from ordinary to extra-ordinary. The small things collectively, make a BIG difference!
1. Be present and show up fully in your life, community, work and business. Show up on time in life, work, play and business;
2. Always seek new ways to add value, always go beyond what is expected and rise above the norm;
3. Know your own worth and value, place a premium on yourself and others;
4. Respect the concept of time, become more aware of how well you use it, or how badly you waste it;
5. Learn the art and science of positioning (i.e. meaningfully serving with authenticity and viewing sales as an exchange of value between parties);
6. Learn to articulate the pains/needs of others, even better than they would. Give people what they want and sell them what they need OR give them what they need and sell them what they want;
7. Have an active database of everyone in your life, prioritize/classify your list and have a system to keep in touch and connect with family/clients/prospects-be there to celebrate their joys and stand by them during their challenging times;
8. Become a ‘solutions provider’ and not merely a ‘sales person’. People want solutions to their problems or challenges, make it about them and not about you, your products or services;
9. No matter how difficult your external environment is, become a ‘Realistic Optimist!’ Be patient, build it one brick at a time. Be hungry, go for your dreams. Be stubborn, fight for your dreams. Success follows certain patterns, take the time to study, understand and live these universal rules, laws and principles. Be disciplined, take consistent, focused action steps. Be flexible, do not be attached to an outcome or any particular way of getting to your path. Simply do your part and know that a critical mass of success WILL occur at some point;
10. Have FAITH. Faith is a decision to trust whole-heartedly and believe that it IS always possible. Faith needs no reason, data, excuses, plans, research, explanations…It simply is. Faith always says: ‘It is well!’ ‘There is a way!’ ‘It can and will be done!’ Decide to have FAITH in God, in humanity, and in love. Work hard and pray harder. If that fails, pray hard and work harder!
As you begin your new week, really take a moment to reflect on what you wish to manifest. Focus on exactly what you want and not on the ‘problems’ (what you do NOT want!) What if your problem is not your problem? What if your problem is simply just a problem? Think about it. Quit taking things so personal, begin to let PROBLEMS/PAINS go when they’ve served their purpose. Challenges occur to make you grow in wisdom, skill set and resilience!
Stop telling stories of a past pain that is already completed, over and done with, simply to re-create your pain. Learn from the experience and choose to let it go. Tell empowering stories and decide to move forward. Time does heal, how could it not? Allow time to do its work of healing. Be patient, it is a gradual process. Healing is inevitable, we alone hold ourselves back, consciously or unconsciously.
Who are you without the burden of that pain you’re carrying around? Become that person who is empowered, wiser and stronger because of the pain and not the person who is diminished or reduced by it. Do not waste your pain. Channel your pain, with passion, into a purposeful path. Everything that happens to us is merely to gift us with more awareness of who we are and a deeper understanding of others.
You have the power and ability to create your own unique flow. Be certain and know, therefore, that you always have a choice to learn and grow or to remain exactly where you are, knowing only what you know now and continuing your drama of pain and your dance of blaming and complaining. Your choice, your call!
We have the power to re-frame and reinterpret the events in our world. The event are merely events, they are neutral. We give them energy and juice it up. Use that to your advantage. Give it the energy that serves your own purpose. Create your own unique flow. It is your God-given gift! Choose to co-create beauty, joy, value, service, fun…do it all within a master-frame of LOVE!”
Join the conversation on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/wholewomannetwork
The preceding is a guest post from Juliet Ume, MBA –Strategic Interventionist, Wealth Management Consultant & Leadership-Coach at Whole Woman Network. Juliet is the author of the upcoming book: ‘UN-Locking Your HeArt of Leadership.” She is an avid Life Connoisseur and a passionate advocate of WomEntrepreneurship, Leadership Training, Investment & Financial Literacy for women. Her mission is simply to engage, educate and empower women, regardless of their levels of income or background, to return to ‘wholeness’ and live Healthier, Sexier, Wealthier Lives using Faith-based, Scientific and Universal (Common-Sense) principles! Follow her on Twitter: @wholewomaninc, @julietumeinc.
Be Social! Share this with your network :-)