“Unhappiness, worry and anxiety can have a huge impact on our health especially as we get older. Our mood is a very powerful force that can impact our daily lives, we may not realize this, but it’s huge. Let’s make an effort to be happy and worry free. In the end, we will be happier, healthier and live longer….After worrying, what happens? Worrying doesn’t solve any of our problems, it actually makes them worse. It’s better to live within the limitations of whatever worries us and decide to be happy.” ~ Aijay O
The only thing you are guaranteed to get out of worrying is an ulcer! YOU decide what you feel. Sometimes things happen or people do things that may cause you stress. It is important to identify what or who your stressors are and how best to deal with them.
It is empowering to realize that you have the power and ability to shift your energy in EVERY single situation. It takes focus, training and consistent practice and even though it is not easy, it can be pretty simple. In a nutshell, it is doable!
In Biblical terms: a joyous, worry-free consciousness flows from the concept of ‘STILLNESS’; a moment of AWARENESS, presence and BEing when you commune with your core and enter a co-creative plane of LOVE.
It is a zone of possibilities, of miracles, of seeing each moment in life not as magical or messed up coincidences, but rather a synchronistic alignment of events. It is a peaceful (heavenly) realm of acceptance and surrender, a place of of wisdom, of peace, of joy, of value and most of all, it is a beautiful non-judgmental mind-space, where the learning supersedes ‘happiness’ or ‘sadness’ of a particular event or series of events.
In coaching this is often referred to as ‘state management’. It is at the heart of self-leadership: to gain mastery of the internal movies running in your head, and take real ownership, responsibility and accountability for both your internal representation and external actions. Your emotions are generated from your movies and these in turn determine your physiology/emotions and finally drive your actions. And so you have the ability to re-train your mind and run consistent strategies that will lead to a Happier, Healthier, Sexier, Wealthier YOU! It is not mere happenstance, it is simply a choice, backed by aligned actions.
7 simple ideas on living a worry-free life!
1. Intention governs everything. Always act from a place of LOVE regardless of who or what you are dealing with. Surrender to the reality happening now and know that ‘THIS TOO SHALL PASS”. These are not mere words but a promise from God. Think it, breathe it, Live it! Be humble in all circumstance, there’s a learning that a source of worry, pain, conflict or strife is trying to teach you and calling your attention to resolve. Focus on it with love in your heart and you will be amazed at the changes you feel.
2. Decide to believe that it is possible to live a worry-free life. Do not just pray about it but take consistent action that put life into your prayers. Hope is great but faith requires that you step out in complete and utter belief, without a shred of doubt. If you believe it IS possible, then it is, period! If you believe it is not, then you can argue for your excuses and you’ll get to keep all your limitations! Living a worry-free life does not mean everything in life become rosy. It means you get just enough burden that you can handle and conquer! This requires a mindset that is trained to respond to constant changes and challenges i.e living seamlessly and soaring even in a constant state of discomfort.
Yes, challenges are part of life. And different situations, events and people cause us to worry and become stressed or unhappy. However, there’s a difference between having a mindset that is resilient and rises above challenges and strife AND having a mindset that crumbles under stressful conditions and takes erratic decisions.
You have the power and gift to train, teach, mould, guide and coach your mind to become transformed into an excellent machine. A machine with a built in system and has the ability to ‘see’ the opportunities and learning in every situation. First, you have to DECIDE to believe and then second, you have to comply and ACT in alignment with your decision.
3. Have behavioural and mental flexibility. This simply means you are able to ‘see’ different sides of the same story. You listen, think and act from a creative or value plane. You are open and willing enter other people’s model of the world and then gently, respectfully and with a sense of responsibility lead them into their light. You are more focused on the learning outcome and not necessarily on the ‘drama’ of every encounter.
4. Every problem has a solution, that’s the very definition of a problem! If it doesn’t have a solution, it is a mystery. Don’t try to solve mysteries. Leave that to God. And yet, you are created in God’s image, so you do have the power to co-create your reality. You exist as a dual creature with Humanity and Divinity. That is the paradox at the heart of our existence. However, you must first dig deep and tap into your core, the essence of you that is divine. The only path to your core is through unconditional love for self and others! The answers and solutions will always come seamlessly when we stop the fights in our heads (humanity) and instead embrace our divinity. Allowing ourselves to think or ask ‘how can this be solved’, releases new neurons and creates solution pathways to our brains.
5. Learn to accept people for what they are and treat them how you would want them to be. Acceptance and forgiveness will solve more worries in your life and you must be willing to let go! Focus on the person and not on the behaviour! Learn to separate the two. It is better to DO right than to BE right! Take the learning in all situations and use it to win this game called life! Whining about the past, present or future will NEVER get you the positive results/solutions you seek. If you need help, ASK for it. Raise your hand and ask your burning questions, the Universe is looking for students to teach and mentor!
6. Treat yourself with gentleness and kindness, always. Celebrate everything that is good and wonderful. Always think: ‘what if the worst that can happen, has already happened?’ This allows you to free up your spirit to embrace each moment as better than the one before. The worry or struggle you face NOW will cease to exist a moment from now once you make a seismic shift in perspective. The events happen, but our interpretation is what causes the pain and sorrow.
So to change your state of worry, first change how you ‘see’ the event. Use the P.I.N concept and ask yourself: ‘what is Positive, Interesting and Negative about the situation I’m in now?’ Change the concept and change the context. Use your imagination. Think as if the box does not exist. Think differently until you get different solutions! You have the remote control for your perception, change that dial if you don’t like what’s playing!
7. Learn to build healthy boundaries in all relationships. You are first, in a relationship with yourself before you enter into any other relationship. Are you in an abusive relationship with yourself? Who is leading you? You must lead yourself first and well before you can lead people and the events/situations that happen to you. Self-leadership is about integrity with yourself and others. It is an honour system. It is about surrendering the ego and taking empowered actions. Know what your deal breakers are. Have clarity on your values. The more you get to ‘know’ and understand YOU, the more you can develop skills and access resources available to you. You were created whole, complete and unique.
Your limitations and negative beliefs are simply things you picked up from your environment, upbringing, culture, education, relationships etc. DARE to see yourself in a beautiful, radiant, brand new light, open your heart to life and step out of the ‘problem box’ into the ‘solution box’. The challenges and worries of life will never disappear, however, you can channel your energy into creating value and solutions regardless of your circumstance!
Don’t focus on having a ‘worry-free’ life, rather focus more on having a positive, purposeful, passionate and powerful life. The more we step into our light, our darkness simply fades away into insignificance. The world is waiting for your magnificent spirit! Today, we invite you to take empowered ACTION towards a Healthier, Sexier, Wealthier YOU! Dream wonderful dreams and co-create your destiny and unique flow with God. Go, flow only in the direction of your dreams…
“Dream BIG! Do not be afraid to make mistakes, that’s why they made erasers.” ~James Brown
Join the conversation on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/wholewomannetwork
Bloggers note: This post was inspired by Aijay Okaa. She posted some very insightful and inspiring posts on her facebook page and started an important conversation about the power of attitude/mindset in managing stress, worries, anxieties and other different challenges in life. If you want a 30-minute complimentary life-coaching courtesy of WWN, send us an email on Mondays between 2 pm and 4 pm EST.
Love, Light & Truth!
❤ Juliet Kego Ume-Onyido
You may also find me here: (julietkego.com)
The preceding is a guest post from Juliet Ume, MBA –Wealth Management Consultant & Life-Coach at Whole Woman Network. Juliet is an avid Life Connoisseur and a passionate advocate of WomEntrepreneurship, Investment & Financial Literacy for women. Her mission is simply to engage women, regardless of their levels of income or background, to return to ‘wholeness’ and live Healthier, Sexier, Wealthier Lives using Faith-Based, Scientific and Universal (Common-Sense) principles! Follow her on Twitter: @wholewomaninc, @julietumeinc