“Surround yourself with the dreamers and the doers, the believers and thinkers, but most of all, surround yourself with those who see the greatness within you, even when you don’t see it yourself.” ~Edmund Lee~
Here are 7 Quotes and nuggets of wisdom to buttress the need for you to constantly surround yourself with the right people, environment and opportunities. Greatness can be attained by constantly following others who reflect that which you seek to have. Meditate and Reflect on the following and take ACTION towards a Healthier, Sexier, Wealthier YOU!
1. “Celebrity-worship and hero-worship should not be confused. Yet we confuse them everyday, and by doing so we come dangerously close to depriving ourselves of all real role models. We lose sight of the men and women who do not simply SEEM great because they are famous but are famous because they are great. We come closer and closer to degrading all fame to notoriety. ~ Daniel J. Boorstin~
2. “Who and What you stare at and listen to long enough, you begin to look and think like.” ~An old African proverb~
3. “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” ~Jim Rohn~
4. “People inspire you or they drain you, pick wisely!” ~Hans F. Hansen~
5. “Create a set of great personal values and surround yourself with the right people that can form your support system. Have an optimistic spirit and develop a strong purpose that you completely believe in and everything you can imagine is possible, for you.” ~Andrew Horton~
6. “If you find yourself at the head of the class, you’re in the wrong class. It’s time to find a new class.” ~John Maxwell~
7. “No matter how skillful you are, if you are with the wrong team your star will not shine. You’ll only keep struggling but results will be far from you. Quit ‘Camp Losing’ for ‘Camp Winning’. Surround yourself with a bunch of winners and see yourself winning big.” ~Unknown~
Have a deep awareness of the environment you’re in, either by choice or by default. Who and What are you surrounding yourself with? Who and What are you constantly watching and listening to, in real life, on the radio, television, internet? In a fight between you and your environment, chances are your environment often wins! So if your physical universe is strife with corruption, evil and indiscipline, counteract it by reading motivational, inspiring and life-transforming books.
The more you complain and talk about what is NOT right, the more it sucks you in. Look for positive lights in the seeming darkness, seek out other like-minded people who want to make a difference, no matter how small. FOCUS on what can be and use up your energy to add value. WE create the society of our dreams. To know better and not do better is an even bigger pain and disservice!
Learn to be a fantastic FOLLOWER. Follow great people, follow happy & joyous people, follow wise people, follow people making a meaningful difference, follow healthy people, follow ethical people who are wealth & value-creators, follow people who’re beautiful inside-out, follow successful experts in the fields you’re interested in, follow focused people, follow all that is great and wonderful. Follow people that will challenge, motivate and inspire you to ACTION! It is a fact that their aura will rub off on you because you BECOME that which you constantly surround yourself with.
Are you far from the vision of your life? Then check the crowd you’re presently in. Adapt a new middle name: ‘FOLLOW-FOLLOW’. I do not refer to the blind, ego-stroking, sycophantic, worship of supposedly ‘successful’ crooks! I mean a beautiful, humble mentor-mentee relationship based on an exchange of values because we are all INTRINSICALLY VALUABLE!
Your environment either shapes you or you adapt to it. Very few people have succeeded in shaping their environments. So be careful of what and who you are allowing into your space. Learn from mentors and role models around you, adapt their principles, strategies and and apply in your life.Yes, you can CHOOSE to follow your way to GREATNESS.”
In the words of Tony Robbins: “You simply become who you spend time with.”
Add this to your ‘TO DO’ list this week:
1. Identify and write down 3 key areas you wish to grow and develop in (They may be in your professional/personal life);
2. Identify 3 role models/mentors who are at the top of their game in these areas;
3. Follow them! Join their mailing lists, sign up for their webinars, seminars, workshops etc
4. Apply at least one learning from them to your life each week;
5. Keep on practicing what you’ve learned until it becomes a part of your neurology i.e. you cannot help but do it!
Send us an email (email@example.com) with weekly updates on your journey to greatness. As always, WWN will give away a motivational book at the end of May to one one lucky participant. Remember, life is a wonderful game. Play at 100% or NOT at all! Have fun and Good luck!!
Bloggers Note. From a grateful heart, with love: I am thankful for the following Heroes and SHEroes who have shaped and continue to shape the person I am and becoming. Some have passed away, some I have met in person and others have become close friends and invaluable cyber-mentors: My loving husband and amazing children, my ancestors, my mom, Bridget Ume, My dad, Cyprian Ume(RIP), Kate Okoro, all my ‘sister-friends’ (you all know yourselves…), Marie Forleo, Mary Okobi (RIP), Tony Robbins, Crystal Andrus, Ali Brown, Oby Ezekwesili, Chimamanda Adichie, Kim Redman, Kathy Ireland, Eugenia Abu, Les Brown, Sandi Krakowski, Tony Robbins, Uche Eze, Jerry Roberts, Jordan Adler, Cody Bateman, Hilary Clinton, Maya Angelou, Oprah Winfrey, Iyanla Vanzant, Leke Alder, Funmi Iyanda, Nelson Mandela, Mother Teresa, Marianne Williamson, Pope John Paul II (RIP), T. Harv Eker, Suze Orman, Gail Vaz-Oxlade, Bimbo Odukoya (RIP), Funmi Ransome-Kuti, Margaret Ekpo, Joyce Meyer, Akachi Adimora-Ezeigbo, the coaching and wealth management community and so many more, especially the everyday people I meet daily, who have taken up the courage to live their best lives NOW, with purpose, passion and power! And to people I have never met who have DECIDED to share their hearts, stories and make a difference in the lives of others! We are all connected, and we all share a common humanity.
The preceding is a guest post from Juliet Ume, MBA –Strategic Interventionist, Wealth Management Consultant & Leadership-Coach at Whole Woman Network. Juliet is an avid Life Connoisseur and a passionate advocate of WomEntrepreneurship, Investment & Financial Literacy for women. Her mission is simply to engage women, regardless of their levels of income or background, to return to ‘wholeness’ and live Healthier, Sexier, Wealthier Lives using Faith-Based, Scientific and Common-Sense principles! Follow her on Twitter: @wholewomaninc, @julietumeinc
Be Social! Share this with your network :-)