Every once in a while, the Whole Woman Network community celebrates the achievement, passion and dedication of phenomenal women who have empowered us through their commitment to issues affecting the overall well-being of women, especially black women, at home in Africa and in the diaspora.
This season, in view of the upcoming International Women’s Day, WWN proudly honours Dr Adaeze Ifezulike, she’s the amazing brain and heart behind the Sexual Wellbeing Network. She is a Family physician/General Practitioner, GP who is passionate about sexual and emotional wellbeing in women.
Dr Adaeze has written a book to further equip women with more insights and knowledge, so that they can make more informed and empowered choices. Her new book: ‘’Understanding Contraception: A guide for black ladies’’ is a must-have for every woman!
Here are some reasons why ‘’Understanding Contraception’’ should be on your ‘must buy’ and ‘must read’ list this 2014:
- Are you often confused about what contraception to use and often ask yourself: what is safe, what are the long-term effects, are there ethical and environmental considerations etc ?
- Have you been faced with an unplanned pregnancy when you least expected one?
- Have you or someone you know had their lives turned upside down by an abortion in the past?
- Are you a friend, sister, aunt, colleague, mentor, leader, and often have people approach you informally on the issue of contraception and sexual health?
- Want to read about and learn from real life stories about contraception, infection prevention/control, reproductive facts and the mind-body connection of choices?
- This book advocates for fidelity among couples and abstinence among young people, while also talking about practical options and solutions. Are you a professional counsellor, coach, therapist, faith leader, trainer who is seeking additional resources in your toolkit?
- Are you simply curious about the various options out there and seek to empower yourself with more choices?
- Are you past child-bearing age and would want your daughter(s) to benefit from being equipped with great and objective information on contraception?
- Would you love to read a book written by a woman just like you, who fuses empathy and expertise, because she herself faced the dilemma of an unplanned pregnancy? You will identify with the stories of women from Dr Adaeze’s caseload.
If any of these apply to you, then you should really give yourself a gift by checking out this new book and labour of love from Dr Adaeze Ifezulike: ‘’Understanding Contraception’’
Understanding Contraception is full of engaging, humorous, insightful and authentic stories about real women like you and I. It is fun and easy to read. You would also love the cartoons and illustrations done by Caricaturist Rick Coleman. ‘’Understanding Contraception’’ answers the questions you have been unable to ask your doctors and health professionals about contraception.
Here are what other industry leading experts and thought leaders are saying about Dr Adaeze’s book:
“Understanding Contraception’’ fills a major gap in knowledge and should be made widely available to women from all walks of life both in the UK and all over the world.’’
~Naana Otoo-Oyortey MBE, Executive Director, FORWARD (Foundation for Women’s Health Research and Development)~
“This book will teach you about fertility control and infection prevention by wrapping sexual and reproductive facts with real-life stories from Dr Adaeze’s caseload. Maybe some of the cases will remind you of friends or relatives. Maybe they’ll remind you of yourself.”
~Dr Susie Logan MB ChB MD (comm.) MRCOG MFSRH Consultant Gynaecologist, National University Hospital Singapore. (Former Consultant in Sexual & Reproductive Medicine NHS Grampian Aberdeen, Scotland, UK).~
CLICK ON THIS LINK to order your copy of “Understanding Contraception”!
Then, take a moment to post a comment on Dr Adaeze’s Facebook page, or visit and share her blog with others in your network.
You are all awesome and we appreciate you being part of the WWN community.
Make it a great life, live purposefully, passionately and powerfully!
-WWN Management Team