“Personal transformation can and does have global effects. As we grow, so does the world, for the world is us. The revolution that will save the world is ultimately a personal one.” ~Marianne Williamson~
“As we prepare for a new year, take the time to fall madly, deeply and passionately in love, with yourself! Re-discover yourself as you truly are: a beloved child of a loving God.
This is the season of Re-Birth and New Beginnings. A KING was born to and for you! You are that special and wonderful! OWN your magnificence. NEVER let the outside world strip you of your essence and dignity.
YOU are a precious gift to the world. Live passionately, purposefully and powerfully. Dream wonderful dreams and create beautiful memories…” ~#UNLockingYourHeArtofLeadership~
Just a few more days to go and the New Year will unveil itself! What are your goals, dreams and aspirations for 2014? Forget about mere ‘resolutions’, begin to make ‘Sacred Contracts’ with yourself. What do you desire to achieve by December 31st, 2014? WHO do you want to be by the end of next year? Begin to BE that person from this moment.
Starting NOW, speak it as if it were already done. Step out in FAITH and walk your talk. God opens up the universe with the right people and opportunities once we KNOCK and ASK, and actually stand in the firm expectation that the door will be OPENED and you will RECEIVE. Surrender and Allow yourself to soar!
Here are some ‘little’ things that if you imbibe and practice, will transform your life in 2014:
1. Accept that you can never please everyone, stop trying to, period! Practice the habit of saying an empowered ‘YES’ or ‘NO’ when appropriate (rather than acquiescing to everything from everyone based on your own fears of insecurity, judgement, unworthiness or societal pressure). Build up healthy boundaries, you will enjoy your life better that way.
2. Stop comparing yourself to others because all you can ever be is you, duh? The compare and contrast game drains you and leaves you bereft of the creative energy to be the best you possible!
3. Let go of the past, stop worrying about the future and live the heck out of the present moment! You can only do so much, choose the path you have the most control over. Choose to live in the NOW!
4. Become more empathetic. Stop judging people and start focusing more on being the best you, every.single.day! Decide to love more. Pay more attention to the people already in your life. Sometimes, we seek more people and opportunities outside our existing circles. However, we may get more value by looking inwards and consolidating the existing relationships we already have.
5. Learn to live within your means. Anything else, is a recipe for disaster.
6. Have a clear vision for your year, break down your plans into quarterly, monthly and weekly goals. A day before, set your intentions for the next day and pay attention to your intentions. Become more congruent. Let your actions align with who and what you want for yourself.
7. Quit lying to yourself. There are no excuses or reason for your failure(s). YOU are the only person standing between your purpose and destiny. In 2014, tell yourself only empowering stories. Begin to see your ‘failures’ as feedback for how and where to course-correct in your life’s journey. Be gentle and forgiving of yourself and your so-called ‘mistakes’. Surrender and accept your humanity. And also arise and embrace your divinity. You are a sacred mystery, your life may not always make sense, stop trying to figure it all out, and just focus on living it well.
8. Join a group of like-minded people and volunteer your time, expertise, money, energy, towards a worthwhile cause. Make a difference, no matter how small. Surround yourself with people who see and bring out the light in you. You are a being of light and love, decide to plant yourself in garden(s) that will nurture your growth. Do more of what you love and obliterate the negativity in your life.
9. Take better care of your body, it is your sacred vessel for being. Have a fun activity or sport(s) you engage in regularly. Practice the 80-20 rule of good nutrition; eat a minimum of 80% healthy foods and indulge in a maximum of 20% of …(fill in the blanks) 🙂
10. Carve out resources and dedicate them to your personal development, in all areas of your life (Health, Finances, Community, Leisure, Spirituality, Your Purpose/Passions, Mental/Emotional growth etc). If you’re not growing, you’re dying. You cannot do both simultaneously. Choose to grow, evolve and transform your life.
Whatever you do, do NOT sit on the sidelines. Get off the toxic fence and LIVE! Life is waiting for you, take that next step, and amaze even yourself!
Take the next steps. Interested in booking a 30-minutes complimentary Strategy Session? Need more information on WWN’s individual/group/organizational training, coaching and speaking engagements, or our leadership certification programs, contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1.905.709.5866
The preceding is a guest post from Juliet Ume, MBA –Strategic Interventionist, Wealth Management Consultant & Leadership-Coach at Whole Woman Network. Juliet is the author of the upcoming book: ‘UN-Locking Your HeArt of Leadership.” She is an avid Life Connoisseur and a passionate advocate of WomEntrepreneurship, Leadership Training, Investment & Financial Literacy for women. Her mission is simply to engage, educate and empower women (and men), regardless of their levels of income or background, to return to ‘wholeness’ and live Healthier, Sexier, Wealthier Lives using Faith-based, Scientific and Universal (Common-Sense) principles! Follow her on Twitter: @wholewomaninc, @julietumeinc. Read her daily reflective posts on Facebook.
- Want to Be a Better Leader? Try This in 2014 (newspodge.wordpress.com)
- A New Year, A New You! Design Your Life in 2014! (stephentierneyblog.wordpress.com)
- 2014: Make A Resolution, Not To Change – To EVOLVE! (drkatieeastman.wordpress.com)